1969 Chevy RS Camaro (In Progress)
Custom Build Details
- LS3 376 Crate Engine4
- L80E Crate Transmission
- Concept One Billet Serpentine Pulley Kit
- MSD Ignition Coils
- F.A.S.T. EZ 2.0 Fuel Injection
- F.A.S.T. EZ LS Ignition Control
- GM Performance Transmission Controller
- BRP Hotrods LS Engine Swap Components
- Hedman Ceramic Coated Headers
- GM Performance Muscle Car Oil Pan
- C & R Racing Aluminum Radiator W/ Spal Fans
- Tank’s INC Fuel Tank
- Tank’s INC High Flow LS Pump
- Tank’s INC Regulator
- Driveshaft Shop Custom Built Driveshaft
- Built GM 10 Bolt W/ Posi
- Front And Rear Disc Brake Conversion
- Ridetech Triple Adjustable Coil Overs Front, Street Bandit Leaf Springs Rear
- Front And Rear Sway Bars
- Powder Coated Chassis And Suspension Components
- DSE Brake Booster & Master Cylinder
- Frame Off Restoration
- Soda Blasted Body/Chassis
- New Body Panels
- Shaved Firewall
- Axalta “Son Of A Gun” Gray
- American Racing Torque Thrust II 17” X 7”, 17” X 8”
- Full Stinger Road Kill Expert Sound Dampning
- Resto Mod Tru Mod AC System
- Pioneer Am/Fm/Cd/Bluetooth Head Unit
- Phoenix Gold Audio System
- Stinger Electronics Wiring
- Dakota Digital VHX Gauges
- Auto Custom Carpets Molded Carpet
- Auto Custom Carpet Molded Trunk Carpet
- TMI Custom Seats, Interior Panels
- Custom Fabricated Center Console/ Trunk Panels
An iconic Camaro built for the entire family to enjoy.
Getting started with the ground up restoration, the body panels were stripped and the RS received soda blasting to remove the rust. The new sheet metal was then ready to re-skin the car and finishing touches in the body shop. A “Son Of A Gun” Gray was chosen from our Axalta paint selection to bring a shine back to this build.
Under the hood roars a LS3 376cu in paired with a F.A.S.T. Fuel Injection system that feeds its power to a GM Performance 4L70E transmission. The transmission is dialed in using a GM Performance TCM. Carrying that power to the rear wheels is a custom driveshaft from The Driveshaft Shop and a built 10 bolt with posi traction. All while monitored on the Dakota digital VHX gauges.
Stopping on a dime, this RS sports a full disc brake set up powered by a DSE power booster and master cylinder system. Ridetech triple adjustable coil-overs up front and 2” lowering leafs in the rear give this car a stance we were going for.
The Torque Thrust II wheels and Nitto tires keep the pavement melted.
The family is comfortable in the fully sound dampened cabin which was achieved with Stinger Road Kill. Holding them in the corners are bolstered bucket seats wrapped in leather. The Camaro also sports a one piece suede headliner, custom door panels and dash pad from TMI. A Phoenix Gold audio system cranks the tunes through a pair of 6.5” components up front, 6X9” speakers in the rear and the rumble of a 10” subwoofer. All powered by Stinger Wiring and Phoenix Gold 5 Channel amplifier.